1. There's a brand new poetry magazine based in Baton Rouge Louisiana There only about two months old now but they are accepting and they do PAY POETS ! http://www.bigriverpoetry.com/guidelines.html
2. My friend Apryl just got published in an Australian magazine. She also runs a on-line and print press of her own. Check her out at: www.EdgarAllanPoet.com
3. UNDER THE INFLUENCE: DRAW ARTISTS AND THEIR MENTORS
Featuring the work of Kate Lipsky and others.
NTID Dyer Arts Center Williams Gallery on the campus at RIT in Rochester NY. Showing July 9th-August 10th 2012 for additional info go to www.kateworks.net or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. "Making Friends, Changing Lives" is the slogan for Compeer Rochester, Inc which serves those with mental health challenges through friendship. Will you consider participating, too? It will change your life and someone else's.If you do not live in Rochester, NY, find a similar organization where you are.For those in Rochester, NY here's a great one-day event: In honor of International Friendship Day, is the 1st Annual Compeer Rochester Friendship Walk on July 28th, 2012.Pledge form:
For more information about Compeer Rochester, go to:
5.Come join Me at Liftbridge books 45 Main Street ,Brockport NY on August 5th 2012 from 1-3 P.M.when I'll present the Instant Poetry (just add words!) The breakdown seminar and give away some of my "secrets" . $10.00 per person for more info visit www.liftbridgebooks.com or call the store to reserve space. 585-637-2260 ask for Joe Hoffman .
6. Join Master Pianist Michelle
2012 Poetry Contest Has Begun!
We just announced our 15th annual poetry contest on Thursday and entries are already flowing in! Everyone who enters will get a prize of interest to poets and writers just for entering (in addition to the cash prize for the top three scoring poems.) Enter now! Click on "2012 Contest" from the main PSH Menu for all the details, or email@example.com to have the guidelines automatically e-mailed to you.
If you cannot attend the fundraiser, here are donation options as per Michael:
See you next time!