1. Uber poet G. Murray Thomas is coming home to Rochester, NY ( He's a Spencerport native for those who don't know.) to help promote his new book " My Kidney Just Arrived." he'll be doing a set as the featured artist for the Rochester Poets monthly reading in the Welcome Center of St.John Fisher College: 3690 East Ave. Rochester, NY 14618 email: firstname.lastname@example.org for directions. The event starts at 1:30P.M. On July 24, 2011. The place seats 125 with standing room for another 50 and I've made it my personal mission to do everything I can to insure we fill every space ! If you’re going to be in Rochester , BE THERE!
2. http://artistsbreakfastgroup.com/ : a weekly gathering of artists of all types in Rochester ,NY. We get Dancers, Poets, Sculptors, and a TON of photographers. Meets Tuesday mornings. See site for details.
Poet AK Tony reviews Jazz, poetry and the hip hop movement . check it out!
4. Poet Singer Andrew Marks will be doing a set on 7/1/2011 at the Starry Nites Cafe 696 University Avenue Rochester, NY 14607 (585) 271-2630
5. I just did an interview with Morgan Baily for her blog check it out at :http://wp.me/p18Ztn-dL.
6. Dear Friends, Please join us for our June reading Moonday East reading on Sunday, June 19th at the beautiful new Flintridge Bookstore in La Cañada-Flintridge.Our June feature is Los Angeles poet, Sarah Maclay. When: Sunday, June 19th at 2 pm Where: 1010 Foothill Blvd, La Cañada-Flintridge (directions below)Open Reading? Yes, please come early to sign up for the open reading. More about the poet and more poems at: http://www.moondaypoetry.com/sarahmaclay.html
7.Favorite Poem Open Reading hosted by G. Murray Thomas: I'm trying something different this month. Please bring your favorite poem written by someone else to read in the open. You can also read a poem of your own, but we really want to hear the poetry you love. If this works, I will Make it a regular part of my B&N reading, once or twice a year. Tuesdays,, 7 pm Barnes & Noble; Marina Pacifica Mall 6326 E. PCH Long Beach, CA 90803 (562)-431-2253
8.Time and Place! Williams Gallery First Unitarian Church, 220 Winton Rd South, Rochester NY (585) 348-8114 mailto:email@example.com %20June 23 - August 22, 2011
Whew ! That's a lot this week! Here's a short poem to finsh off with:
Life is good!
By "Laughing" Larry Berger
Things go right for a change
the sun is warm
the grass is green
life is good!
Neat huh? Here's the book links:
see you next week!