1. Congrats to Wendy Sacks ! Here's the info:I am pleased to confirm your participation in the upcoming Arts; Cultural Council Gallery exhibition entitled, Four Artists: Cook, Keyser, Notides-Benzing, and Sacks, opening Tuesday, November 9th, and closing Wednesday, November 30th. The closing reception will take place on Wednesday, November 30th from 5 PM to 7 PM. This may seem a little early but she's also the featured artist the Rochester Arts Council's Metropolitan Magazine this month! Here's the contact info so you can get a copy!Arts & Cultural Council for Greater Rochester, Inc. 277 North Goodman Street Rochester, NY 14607
http://www.artsrochester.org Phone: (585) 473-4000 Fax: (585) 473-4051 Hours: Monday-Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM
Gallery Hours: Monday-Friday, 10 AM - 4 PM
:2. I just got this and had to post it! Hi Larry. I went to your blog today and discovered your "Instant Poetry." I'm a member of a writing group, Payson Raconteurs (in Payson, Arizona), and it occurred to me that writing such poetry as a group project might be fun, and I wish to order a copy of your book. If that can be handled through you, I would be pleased to send a check to you.
Carole Emma Mathewson. !
Because it's a new site, we would love to have you join it (it's free), spread the word by telling your friends on Facebook/Twitter, and help us build our online library by uploading books. Reading is a great thing that should be encouraged!
Here is the link to GenreBuds: http://www.genrebuds.com
Any help and feedback is greatly appreciated. (Feel free to email me here or on GenreBuds.)
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on the site!
Vincent Lowry (Moderator) PS - If you are a blogger (or have websites/networks with several followers), please let me know. We are giving 100 extra points to members on GenreBuds who help us blog/broadcast about the new site.
4. http://marysbridge.org/events/marys-bridge-book-faire check it out!
5. Breath and shadow volume 8, Number 4 Fall 2011
In our Fall issue we feature poems by Mike Wood, Cindy Lamb, Charles
Thielman, and William Harris. There is a short story by Mark Cornell,
a tale of nursery rhyme noir by David C. Kopaska-Merkel, and Michael
Callahan reveals the government’s erroneous thinking in his essay on
sub-minimum wages for American workers who are disabled.
Our editors hope you enjoy this issue of Breath and Shadow. Please
recommend us to your friends. In this difficult economy, we are
struggling along with most non-profits. Your tax deductible donations
are essential to the work we do. Visit our web site for details. We
are also seeking submissions in all categories—please visit our
website for guidelines.
To read this issue, please visit:
I used to sit on the editorial board for this magazine myself! Please check them out!
6. On October 23rd (Sunday) at 1PM, Thom Ward, one of the most talented poets in the Rochester region will be reading from his recently published book of poetry,Etcetera's Mistress. He also has a number of previously published books of poetry including Small Boat With Oars Of Different Size, Various Orbits, and Matter Of The Casket. Thom is no stranger to Lift Bridge and I look forward to welcoming him back. Wine and cheese reception to follow his reading. Link with more information below...
7.WORD PRESS GROUP: Based on feedback I got from many of you I'm going to try out the 4th Wednesday of the month for our meetings. That means our next meeting will be on October 26th at 7pm. You can find directions, etc. here: http://bit.ly/rocwp
There were a few people at the last meeting who wanted to learn about installing WordPress, so in the interest of starting at the beginning I'm going to do a tutorial on WordPress installation at our next meeting. If anyone is interested in having me do the installation for them as part of the tutorial just let me know! This meeting will be a great one for the beginners to attend!
For the more advanced among you: it would be great to have you there to help me out as we go through the tutorial, and I expect we'll have some time afterwards to have a more free flowing discussion.
9. M.A.H. (Mama's American Herstory) monologues
Sunday, October 30 · 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Flying Squirrel Community Space
285 Clarissa Street
Starring the women of SSS, who brought you the HER show ; WOMONSTOCK: Lori Nolasco, Katrina Scott, Chan McKenzie, Lu Highsmith Jenna Rossi, Grace Flores, Jess Cohen, Diane Conway and introducing: Loekie Windig, Marsha Jones LaTasha and many others.Cost: No one will be turned away d/t lack of funds because this event is FREE!!Signed Interpreted (may or may not be provided)Wheelchair AccessibleIf you'd like more information about Mama’s American Herstory please contact Chan McKenzie for more information about C.S.W.A. please contact Diane Conway, both at firstname.lastname@example.org.You may also call and leave a message on the 24hr voice mail at 585-442-5432 and someone will return your call. Thank you for your support…Culture starts with ART!
Whew! Lots of stuff again this week ! as much as I'd like to, I'm not sure if I could even possibly squezze in a poem here! Sorry! maybe next week! however, If you'd like to check out my book here are Links!
See you next week!