Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Ha-ha days! 11/1/2011



Hi folks : Well , Halloween and my birthday have now come and gone so I guess It's ha-ha day time ( For those of you who didn't get it, I'll explain. It's the holiday season  and I'm known as "Laughing" Larry Berger so I call it the "ha-ha days season." Get it now? LOL.) Here's what's up this week:

1. November 2011 Worldwide Open Reading
Sunday, Noember 13, 2011 1:00 ~ 2:00 pm (pacific)
Join our monthly open reading by listening to the show live and/or calling in and sharing a poem. No content or style restrictions...it's open reading and you don't even have to leave the house to participate! poetrysuperhighway.com/pshlive.html

2. Printer's Devil Review (ISSN 2160-2948) is an independent, open access journal of literary and visual art. We provide emerging writers and artists with access to publication and inquisitive readers with new voices and visions.

We're currently seeking submissions of fiction (2,000 to 9,000 words), poetry, nonfiction, and visual art. Our reading period for Spring 2012 began October 1, 2011 and ends January 1, 2012.

You can find full guidelines for each section and access our online submission system at 

http://pdrjournal. org/submit

3. Poets at the Armory

Saturday, November 12 at 10:00am - November 13 at 6:00 

pm 


Rochester Poets is participating in the Art at the Armory show at the Main Street Armory 

coming up on Saturday & Sunday, November 12 & 13, 10 am - 6 pm

We're going to do 2 readings on each day (2-2:45 pm and 4-5 pm on Sat, 10-10:45; Noon-

12:45 pm on Sunday). So we invite you to join us in the readings on Saturday and/or 

Sunday.  ( BTW, this event WAS presented to at least 2 other Literary groups in the

 Rochester area  and only Rochester Poets followed up and got involved!

 That's why Rochester Poets is running this event by themselves. It is NOT because we at 

any time wished  to exclude anyone!  How do I know? WHO DID YOU THINK IT WAS WHO 

GOT ROCHESTER POETS  HOOKED UP WITH THE ART AT THE ARMORY AND GAVE

 THEM THE CONTACT FOR THE OTHER GROUPS TOO? 

COME ON DOWN AND CHECK IT OUT! COME DOWN AND CHECK IT OUT! 





4. 

Frank Mundo, "The Soup (urp!) 

Man!""  Don Kingfisher 

Campbell, and Karine Armen 

read poetry at Catalina Branch 

of the Pasadena Public 

Library.Location: 999 E. 

Washington Blvd., Pasadena, 

on November 05, 2011 03:00PM. 

Come check it out if you're in 

the area. 91104 (626) 744-7272 | Map | Public Transportation


That's what's up this week! 


YAY! I actually have  room for a poem this week!     
Here you go!



What the heck? 
By "Laughing" Larry Berger
Who would have thunk it?
I actually did make it to 45!
It's been kinda fun though!

I've lived life on my own terms
and survived!  I've made myself Immortal 
but fixing my word in print for all time.

Whoops! That may have sounded  a little snarky there.
still would we remmeber Confucius, Aristotle or Plato if they had not written down their thoughts?

Okay, okay maybe I'm still aiming a little high!
 We'd probably both feel better if I stuck with Jack Michelin. but you get the point.

Still 
fish got to swim
birds got to fly and poets have to write poetry don't they?

I mean the phrase IS  "publish or perish."  right? 

Pretty neat huh?  I think I wrote this particular poem this week I Goggled myself
 and I found 10 PAGES! DON'T BELIEVE ME? HERE'S THE LINK:

gle.com/#q=larry+berger+poet&hl=en&prmd=imvnso&ei=aliwTp_NIuTF0AG-7tCtAQ&sqi=2&start=10&sa=N&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=403b049f6707cd64&biw=1440&bih=809

 feel free to check it out! There's links to the books there too so see you next week!

No comments: