Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy National Poetry Month part 3

Hi folks:  Well, it's almost over! April 2011 is coming to a close and It's going out with a bang! (more on this later) Here's a couple of events to close out the month:

1. Searching Beyond: an exhibit at the Creative Wellness Art Gallery. 320 N. Goodman St. Rochester , NY across from Village Gate. Reception 6-8pm. 5/6/11 refreshments served. call 585-325-3145 extension 142 or 119 for more info.

2.  Tango Cafe: 389 Gregory St. Rochester, NY: weekly feature and open mic on Tuesdays 8-10 pm.  visit www.facebook/rochesterpoets.com or send email to rochesterpoets@gmail.com  for more info. 

I have two  poems for you  this week! The first is a recent colaberation with a writer I've know for decades yet this is the first piece we've ever done together:

It runs in the family
By Lawrence and Sean Berger 
The other day I was
on the phone 
with my Brod 
and mentioned I was the victim 
of credit card fraud.

I said " I don't understand!
It happened in England!"

He replied 
"Well, at least they didn't get one of your poems!"

(Note: My brother and I grew up in the area when expressions like" Hey Bro." and "What's up brother?" were common place so we started calling each other Brodrazine to differentiate our relationship.  It got shortened to Brod over the years but we're both in our forties now and it stuck.)

and the second piece

My life, My rules!
by Lawrence R. Berger

I don't care if your
Yvonne Del a Vega
Oprah
or the Future King of England!

So what if it's the event of the century!
If you want me to get up at 4:00 A.M.
to be there at 5:30 A.M.
YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY ME!


Neat huh?  Here are the book links :




 

http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Poetry-Just-Add-Words/dp/1450255523/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1296114461&sr=1-1 
 
See you next week!

No comments: