Hi folks: It's been nearly 80 degrees out here all week! Talk about fun in the sun! Here’s what’s crossed my desk this week:
1. Please note that due to the call for a General Strike throughout Spain, The 6th Mad Open Mic: Captured Words will be held on Wednesday, October 6, 2010. This is the new date. Come to read perform or just to listen in. Now open for registration. Registrants to date posted below. Cafe Concierto La Fídula Calle Huertas, 57 Madrid in the Barrio de las Letras Metro: Anton Martin, Sevilla, Banco
Performing will begin at 9 pm. To register and for further information, contact: email@example.com or www.elasunto.com/mkd.htm
Come to present your own work or just to listen in. Open to the public. No entry fee. You pay (only) for what you consume.
2. http://artistsbreakfastgroup.com/ : Meets Tuesdays in Rochester, NY visit the site for details.
3. The second most important date in the history of American poetry is September 3, 2011, at 7:30 p.m. This is when poets from all over the country will gather at A Different Path Gallery to read poems announcing and supporting the I-90 Poetry Manifesto. http://www.differentpathgallery.com/
4. Creative Wellness Coalition 320 N. Goodman Street Suite 201 Rochester, NY 14607
Phone: 585.325.3145 showing of Jim Sturtevant’s art work for August. reception 8/5/2011 6-9P.M.
5. MURRAY HAS LANDED! G. Murray Thomas came to Rochester, NY last night and wowed them at a surprise reading for the Just Poets group. He's the featured artist for the July 24th reading at the Skalney Welcome Center's Ross Art Gallery : 3690 East Ave. on the St. John Fisher College campus call (585) 260-9005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further info.
6. http://homeschoolblogger.com/homeschoolbookreview/784126/ for those of you interested in writing for children.
Whew! Lots of stuff going on! for those of you who don't know , I get all this stuff because I run a literary based Public relations firm called Skysaje Enterprises. We are a full service firm offering marketing and business strategies to poets and artists . We also offer training seminars and of course "Laughing" Larry Berger is wiling to tour. and we have a few upcoming books and ones on the market . Those are:
Instant Poetry (Just add words!): a compilation of "Laughing" Larry Berger's earlier poetry. This book is currently in it's 3rd edition and has already sold over 2,100 copies. See why for yourself! It is available in Paperback and in both the Nook and Kindle formats. Here are the links where you can get copies:
The Entitlement Manuscript: This is the follow up book to Instant Poetry (Just Add Words!) containing some 80 pages of works using theInstant Poetry (Just Add Words) form. It is currently only available as a manuscript from Turner Maxwell books. here's the link to that : http://www.turnermaxwellbooks.com/The%20Entitlement%20Manuscript.htm
Working title: The anthology from a poetry contest we ran a few years back . It contains some excellent work! There are two signed "collectors edition" copies available at Liftbridge books in Brockport ,NY please contact the Liftbridge store manager :Mr. Joe Hofffman at: email@example.com
you may also be able to find copies available from the editor Mr. Frank Judge . contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Green Lantern: a Guide for Achieving the American Dream Volume two, How to Survive in a Modern Economy ( Even on a Poets Income!): This one's due out in January 2012 but I am taking
pre-orders . this is a revised and updated version of my self help guide . the original version sold 1200 copies at poetry readings. This book contains 36 ideas for surviving in today's economy and a few "secrets" from the world of marketing thrown in for good measure. $15.00 post paid for delivery upon release.
Well now you know all about me and what I'm up to.
I don't think there's room for a poem this week so I'll just say till next time.