1. The Balance JIWON HAN On Exhibit October 3-26-2012 The Gallery at the Arts & Cultural Council Gallery Hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–4 PM A native of Korea, Jiwon Han has worked in the fields of metal craft and jewelry design for over 20 years. Han is a graduate of both the Hong-Ik University in Seoul and Rochester Institute of Technology’s renowned School for American Crafts, where she earned
a second Master of Fine Art degree in 2010. She has had an extensive career as a professor of fine art and has exhibited widely throughout Korea, including at the Korean Craft Council Exhibition, Korean Fine Arts Association Exhibition, and the Hyundae Metal Artists Association Exhibition. In addition, she has received numerous awards including an Honorable Mention at the26th Korean Industrial Artist Exhibition, and the Copper Prize at the 21st National Art College Exhibition.The Balance, her solo exhibition at The Gallery at the Arts Cultural Council, represents the expression of human emotion as motion, with an implicit tension and harmony between and among body, space, and mind—between the human being and nature. The Gallery at the Arts & Cultural Council 277 North Goodman Street, Rochester,NY(585) 473-4000
2. Our next deadline for applications is March 1, 2013. The Kimmel Harding Nelson Center for the Arts in Nebraska City, NE offers 2- to 8-week residencies year-round for writers, visual artists, and music composers. Housing, studio space, $100/week stipends are provided. Approximately 60 residencies are awarded per year. Two deadlines each year, March 1 for the following July through December; or September 1 for the following January through June.$35 application fee. See website for complete information, guidelines and the online application portal: www.KHNCenterforthe Arts.org. The Kimmel Harding Nelson Center for the Arts, 801 3rd Corso, Nebraska City, Nebraska 68410. 402-874-9600,
3. http://angiesdiary.com/book-of-the-week/ check this out!
4. Friends Event · By Craig Alan Loewen Local authors (including yours truly,Craig Alan) will be speaking about writing from 1:00-4:00 at the Gettysburg Library, Gettysburg Pennsylvania on October 20 & 21 2012 I will only be present on Saturday, October 20th.The event is being held in the USS Eisenhower Room on the third floor of the library.
5. Poetry,Tattoos, Los Angles and you!
THIS IS AN EARLY ANNOUNCEMENT TO CLEAR YOUR CALENDARS! ON Saturday, October 20th - The Craft & Folk Art Museum of Los Angeles, will host it's third event in it's ongoing series The Art of Poetry. Host Brendan Constantine in cooperation with Elena Karina Byrne of AVK arts presents Kim Addonizio, Nicole Panter, & William Archila in a special reading of new work for the exhibit LA SKIN AND INK, TATTOO CULTURE IN LOS ANGELES 1950 - 1980.
THIS IS GOING TO BE A BARN BURNER!!!!7:00pm in PDT
6. This man holds the keys to the wisdom of the Universe!”
“I’m glad he’s on my side!” “Holy crap! This guy really knows his stuff!”
And these are just some of the comments people have made after attending one of the presentations by Lawrence R. Berger A.K.A “Laughing” Larry B. Join him as he reveals the success secrets he’s learned in his thirty plus year career as a salesman and thirteen years as a nationally renowned performance poet as He presents:
Sales and Marketing 101. $10. by October 20th 2012 , $15 at the door.
TC Riley's 200 Park Point Drive, Rochester, New York 14623
To register call: (585) 334 6388, Send your check to Skysaje Enterprise: 50 Amesbury Rd. Rochester, NY 14623 to pay by credit card contact Kim Pandina at : email@example.com
7. Cindy VanOstrand Blair's book release party Saturday October 27th 2012 7:00 P.m.-11:00 p.m.
Whispers to my heart: Emerging from the depths with God Book release party at:
Gallery one Fine Arts 2575 E. Henrietta Road Rochester , NY
(Behind Suburban Liquor, next to the old Wegman's/ Beers of the World Plaza.)
Whew! Lot's of stuff again this time! Sorry ! no room for a poem but please check out my collection Instant Poetry ( Just Add Words !) here are the links:
You can get signed copies directly from me for $15.00 (includes S&H charges)
Send your check or money order to:
50 Amesbury Rd
Rochester, NY 14623
you can also order unsigned copies "off the shelf" from the publisher at:
From Barnes and Noble at:
or from Amazon.com. Amazon also has signed copies avalible for $53.65 as well as the "Off the shelf books. Here's the link: