1. Almighty God Bierce: a Play written by Ed Scutt and directed by Jean Gordon Ryon. runs December 21st through 23 2012 At Spotlight Theater Arts: 3 Railroad Street (off Main Street and Route 250 in Fairport , NY .) Tickets $10 in advance $12 at the door. to order call (585) 943-0681 or visit www.spotlghtarts.com
2. I , Boyd Lemon want to announce the release of my new book, Retirement: A Memoir and Guide. My book shows readers how to secure a fulfilling and happy retirement. I explain in memoir form I did it, and how readers can do it too, how to take life more slowly, notice and revel in the beauty of the world, and most important, how to find and pursue one’s passion and live fully, as I do. Retirement has been the best time of my life, and it can be yours too. Married or single, readers discover how to avoid the loneliness or episodic depression that many retirees suffer from. Too much leisure time is often an expressway to boredom, frustration and unhappiness. My book tells readers how to avoid this unhappiness through a few steps that anyone can take to improve his or her life. It follows me as I face my own worries and challenges in retirement and overcome them to live it fully and happily. Pushcart nominated novelist and writing teacher, Paula Friedman said of Retirement: A Memoir and Guide: “Boyd Lemon's provocative tips, based on an insightful combination of life experience and acquired wisdom, highlight ways to make your post-employment years even more enjoyable and rewarding.” If you're too young, how about a holiday gift for someone over 50? You can read the Table of Contents, as well as excerpts and reviews on my website,http://BoydLemon-Writer.com. Retirement: A Memoir and Guide is available on Amazon.com in both print and Kindle editions and by order from any bookstore. To buy on Amazon, click on: http://amzn.to/VqHtwT.
3. The Art Bar has found a new home! Starting January 8th 2013, we'll be hosting our poetry reading series at
Q Space, a bookstore cafe managed and staffed by those dedicated to poetry and art.It's located at 382 College St West, just west of Spadina Ave, just north of Kensington Market. The place has bright windows, great lighting, an amazing sound system and fantastic sight-lines. It's the cafe that poetry built! On Art Bar nights, we'll be serving wine, beer
and food the same time as always (every Tuesday, 8 pm). And yes, it is
also a bookstore!Click Here for a map to Q Space:
Free admission, but we pass the hat for donations.
Click for info: http://www.artbar.org/
4. "Open Mike" at Lift Bridge Monday, Jan 14, 6:30-8pm
An "Open Mike" program is starting in January and will be held every 2nd Monday of the month.
Participation will be open for all writers. Each presenter will have at least 3 to 15 minutes to speak.
This will be on a first come first serve basis. A sign up to speak will be available at the beginning of each meeting. Listeners are welcome! Lift Bridge Book Shop | 585-637-2260 | 45 Main St | Brockport | NY | 14420
5. The Fantastic Frank Blog Talk Radio Show Thursday sat 3 pm Eastern: http://tinyurl.com/boy82uh
8. Margaret Miyake and John Retallack have photographs in the new exhibit "Relationships" at the Bridge Art Gallery in the Psychiatric Dept. of Strong Memorial Hospital, 300 Crittendon Blvd. The Opening Reception is Thursday, Dec. 13th from 5 - 6:30 and the show runs until February 18, 2013.
10. Ellyn Maybe's poetry Rodeo and pot luck party: http://www.facebook.com/events/117724165054935/
Whew! My hand hurts now!.Remember I'm doing a set as part of the Flowetic Rhythms Series on December 27th ,2012. Show starts at 8:00 p.m.. I Will have books available and there is a $5 cover so please save a few bucks from your holiday shopping and come join the fun two days AFTER Christmas. 2575 East Henrietta Road. Rochester,NY 14623 ( next to Beers of the World Plaza and behind Suburban Liquor.) for more info or better directions call the venue ( Gallery One Fine Arts) at 585.230.1081
See you there!
For those of you who can't make the event, remember:
Books make great gifts!
Instant poetry(just add words!) : 52 pages of "Laughing" Larry Berger's poetry Inclding:
Escape of the Lost Angel, The Crack Baby's Prayer, The Award winning Donation$, Bubblegum and over 40 more! Signed copies $15 from our offices,available "off the shelf"
for $8.95 from Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble .com and your local booksellers.
Entitlement: Instant poetry(just add words!) volume 2: Another 80 pages of " Laughing" Larry Berger's Poetry. Includes: Listen for the Rhythm of the Music Man, Clean Him Up and 78 more. Signature edition available exclusively from our offices. $20 per copy .
The Green Lantern: a Guide to achieving The American Dream,Volume 2 How to Survive in a Modern Economy (Even on a Poets Income!) : The title says it all. $20 from our offices .
To order via credit card visit http://www.paypal.com and send your request to email@example.com
To order via check or money order send payment to:
50 Amesbury Rd
for more info on me or what I do check out my web site at http://www.skysajeenterprise.com
Happy Ha-Ha days ! Catch you next time!