Tuesday, December 13, 2011

only 10 shopping days left till the big one

Hi folks: Well it seems the new cleaner look is getting more responses so  I think I'll keep it! Here's what's happening:

1. Doctor Mongo Retrospective Web Launch  Friday, December 30, 2011
7:00pm until 10:00pm Fernando's HIdeaway 519 South Spring Street
LA CA 90013.  Be there if you  can.

2. Cindy Blair is reading at the Black Eyed Susan Cafe on Dec. 20th at 7:00pm.
22 W. Main St. in Angelica.NY 585-466-7070 http://www.angelicasweetshop.com

3. SATURDAY, DEC. 17: HOLIDAY SHOW!
HOPE TO SEE YOU @ THE LUCKETT HOLIDAY SHOW 2011!
This is going to be a special night @ Genghis Cohen!
740 N. Fairfax Ave Show time is 8:30 sharp for me.
$8 cover. And I just found out that Jason's old friend Chris Pierce is playing after him @ 9:30.
So it will truly be a magical night of friends and good music.

4. The Last Tango:
The Free Speech Zone reading series is having its Final night at the Tango Cafe (389 Gregory St. Rochester, NY) on Monday December 19 Th, 2011 8- 11 P.M. come join us in the celebration and watch for our rebirth at another venue.

 Short List this week huh? Things are slowing down for the big holidays.  Here's a little poem

Holiday Mud.
by "Laughing" Larry Berger 

Pies come out of the oven
mistletoe gets hung in doorways
the menorah is lit

Celebrations happen in different ways 
but this is the season most revered
and now the mud sits up! 


Kurt Vonnegut is one of my favorite authors other than myself! did you catch the "Cats Cradle  reference? 

Here's the links for my books

http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Poetry-Just-Add-Words/dp/1450255523/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1296114461&sr=1-1


http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/instant-poetry?keyword=instant+poetry&store=allproducts


http://www.iuniverse.com/Bookstore/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=SKU-000187234


I  have the second edition of ,my follow up collection called "Chocolate Box:" 
 available as a down loadable PDF e-book through CFK publishers. 
Here's the link for it:


 http://www.biblio.com/search.phpauthor=&title=Chocolate+box&keyisbn=&format=&dealer_id=27786

And as promised till 12/31/11 I'm still running the poll. here's that info :


There are already an awful lot of contests that exist  
anyway but running one was fun and I'm willing to do It
 again if you'd want me  to so here's the question: 
the average literary contest pays out $500.00 to  winner and cost $20.00 to enter. 
If I were to start up the contest would you be willing to submit and pay the fee or not? 
we've still got 2 weeks to go till the end of the year but if you have not already responded, 

Please get back to me on this ASAP . My e-mail is laughingl@yahoo.com. You can also leave 

your comments on this or any other blog related issues by clicking on the word"comments" at 

the bottom of this page.
see you next time. 


No comments: