1. The editors at Soundings Review are currently accepting submissions for the Spring/Summer issue. We'd love to hear from all your writerly students! Please pass this call on to your colleagues, friends and students.
About Us: Soundings Review, a bi-annual publication in conjunction with the Northwest Institute of Literary Arts, publishes poetry, fiction, children/young adult and nonfiction, including essays and interviews. We read all submissions. Deadlines: January 1, 2013 - for Spring/Summer Issue,May 1, 2013 - for Fall/Winter Issue
For more information, visit: www.nila.edu/ soundings/ submissions/
To submit, visit: https://soundingsre view.submittable .com/submit
2. PLEASE ATTEND the January meeting of the Rochester Area Vegetarian Society
WHAT AND WHEN: Sunday, January 20 th , 2013 5:30 PM Vegan Share-A-Dish Dinner
7:00 PM Program: WHERE: Brighton Town Park Lodge, 777 Westfall Road Rochester ,NY
DINNER: Dinner is a vegan potluck. Vegan means no animal products (no meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy products or honey). Please bring a dish (with enough to serve a crowd) and a serving utensil; also bring a place setting for your own dinner. We can help non-vegetarians or others uncertain about how to make or bring a vegan dish; please call 234-8750 for help.
DIRECTIONS: The Brighton Town Park Lodge is on Westfall Rd. between E. Henrietta Rd (15A) and S. Clinton Rd. The Lodge is on the south side of Westfall. It is a log cabin set well back from the road, and the driveway leading to the Lodge is called "Haudenosaunee Trail." PLEASE NOTE: Westfall Road may still be under repair, with traffic being directed one-way, probably going west, so plan accordingly.
COST: Free to RAVS members. For dinner, $3 fee for non-members in addition to bringing vegan food to share; fee is waived if you join at the meeting. The public is always welcome. You may attend either the dinner or the program, or both, and there is no need to reserve for either.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.rochesterveg.org 24 hour voicemail and events calendar:
3. Books make great gifts! Copies of The Green Lantern: a Guide to Achieving the American Dream Volume 2, How to Survive in a Modern Economy (Even on a Poets Income!) are now available! $20 "off the shelf" $25 With custom autograph. Contact me at email@example.com or visit: http://www.skysajeenterprise.com for more info
4. Books make great gifts part two: Copies of both Instant poetry( Just Add Words!) and Entitlement : Instant poetry(just add words!) volume 2 are also available Instant poetry (Just add words!) $15 per signed copy Entitlement :$20 Off the shelf $25 signed. Again to place your order send and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Wellness Day , January 18th 2013 at the Creative Wellness Center 320 N. Goodman St Rochester NY 12:30 (ish ) p.m. -4:00 p.m. for more details call (585) 325-3145
6. WORD TO JAZZ, A New OPEN MIC in DC Thurs.15 @ Lace on the Avenue, 2214 Rhode Island Ave. NE DC 7:30-9:30pm This is a great opportunity to perform in a gorgeous venue with pro jazz artists to augment your work. Videographer will also be present to capture you if you'd like Also featuring paintings by Day Acoli and the release of my
new book "The Wind-fellow" twopensanddlint.com/craigkite
Rhythms at Gallery One Fine Arts 2575 East Henrietta Road, Behind Suburban Liquor next to the Beers of the World Plaza . I'm the featured artist on Thursday, December 27th 2012 yep that two days AFTER Christmas! For directions and info on other events call the gallery at 585-230-1081
Whew! lots of stuff going on! Have a happy Thanksgiving! See you next time!